Monday, 13 January 2014

When......

When Jess starts school...... Life will be a bit easier

When we have a suitable wheelchair...... Life will be a bit easier

When we get some respite care...... Life will be a bit easier

When we get a more suitable car...... Life will be a bit easier

When we have less appointments (ha!) ...... Life will be a bit easier

When Jess has the Gastrostomy...... Life will be a bit easier

When Jess has a chair upstairs...... Life will be a bit easier

When the house has been adapted...... Life will be a bit easier

When Jess's little sister is a bit older...... Life will be a bit easier

When Jess's little sister is sleeping through the night...... Life will be a bit easier

When we get Jess's medical issues sorted, she might sleep and...... Life will be a bit easier

When......

When......

When......

The "when"s never stop. We never seem to reach that mysterious place where life is a little easier.

Immediately one issue is sorted, another crops up. I wonder if Rett Syndrome ever lets you get to a place where life just plods along. Or does it always continue to throw curveballs at you to juggle?

I don't know. But I have decided I need to adopt a new motto. I asked for this for Christmas, and plan to put it in a prominent place, to keep reminding me of it's message:



Quote by Vivian Green

4 comments:

  1. I wish I had a date and time to give you, when it will be a bit better. There will come a day when somehow, despite all of the curve balls and circumstances that are hard, without trying, someday you will look up and notice that you are in fact dancing in the rain. You may look crazy to those around you, that's just a sign that you are doing it right. Keep putting one foot in front of the other, it might not be dancing but it's better than giving up. Either way, I hope that you get a little break in the clouds, those breaks go a long way. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that is just what I needed to hear right now x

      Delete
  2. What Colleen said - absolutely. And actually - some of those things you listed do make life better and easier. I think it's a combination of getting the support/adaptations we need, and gradually adjusting mentally to the way life now is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Catriona, I think you are right- it is just getting the support that we need is such hard work! We are currently getting no support or respite and amongst all Jess' current health issues, am trying to sort all that out too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment and making my day!